Berlusconi: 'No one can stop Israel from attacking Iran'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
December 12, 2010 14:13

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

In a meeting with US Secretary of Defense Robert Gates in February of last year, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi said that "No one, including [US President Barack] Obama can stop Israel if it feels an existential threat," Italian media reported on Sunday.

Berlusconi expressed his belief that Iran is working to secretly build a nuclear weapons program and that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadenijad "promises to destroy the Israeli state," according to the reports. The Italian prime minister also reportedly said he was concerned that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's government would preemptively strike Iran.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
May 21, 2019
Potential for attacks on Americans "put on hold": acting Pentagon chief

By REUTERS