Boeing 737 MAX flights to remain banned in Saudi for near future

By REUTERS
April 1, 2019 12:18
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

RIYADH - Saudi Arabia's transport minister said on Monday there were no immediate plans to allow Boeing 737 MAX aircraft to operate in the kingdom.

Boeing's top-selling MAX jet was grounded around the world last month after two fatal crashes involving the model in five months.

"There were no 737 max flying in the kingdom at the time and there aren’t plans for them to be back in the near future," Minister Nabeel al-Amudi told reporters at an aviation conference in Riyadh.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
April 19, 2019
Nancy Pelosi declines commenting on possibility of Trump's impeachment

By REUTERS