Bosnia: Bodies of Srebrenica victims found at dump

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 27, 2010 17:00

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — Forensic experts in Bosnia reported Friday they have exhumed the remains of 54 Muslim civilians killed in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre.

Lejla Cengic, the spokeswoman for Bosnia's Institute for Missing People, said that the skeletal remains were dug out of three mass graves buried under garbage at a dump site near the town of Srebrenica.

She said five more mass graves had been found on the same site, covering 20,000 square meters, and will be exhumed.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 20, 2018
Lebanon minister moves to calm dispute over Iranian passport stamps

By REUTERS