Britain to review security of large public events after Nice attack

By REUTERS
July 15, 2016 14:14

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

LONDON - British police are reviewing security plans for large public events next week following an attack during a fireworks show in the French city of Nice, a spokeswoman for Prime Minister Theresa May said on Friday.

"The police are looking at the security situation and are reviewing security around large public events taking place in the UK over the next seven days," she told reporters.

"That's the prudent, cautious, right thing to do in this sort of situation."

Britain's emergency committee met on Friday to discuss its response to the attack in Nice where a gunman killed more than 80 people by driving a heavy truck at high speed into a crowd gathered to watch a Bastille Day celebration.

May's spokeswoman said a small number of British nationals had been injured in the attack

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 21, 2018
86 confirmed dead in Tanzania ferry sinking

By REUTERS