British Queen makes private donation for Australia floods

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
January 13, 2011 03:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LONDON — Buckingham Palace on Wednesday said Queen Elizabeth II has made a private donation to help relief efforts during the floods in Australia.

The palace said in a statement that the funds will go to the Premier of Queensland's flood relief appeal. It did not say how much the donation was.

The queen said last month in a statement that she has been following the news of the floods in Brisbane with great concern, and extended her sympathies to all affected.

British Prime Minister David Cameron spoke to his Australian counterpart Julia Gillard earlier Wednesday by phone to express his sympathy on behalf of the British people.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Afghanistan announces Muslim Eid holiday ceasefire with Taliban

By REUTERS