Canada says dual-national Canadian linked to Bulgaria bomb

By REUTERS
February 5, 2013 23:56

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

OTTAWA - A Canadian-Lebanese dual national was involved in the 2012 bombing of a tourist bus in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists, Canadian Foreign Minister John Baird said on Tuesday.

Bulgaria accused Lebanese militant movement Hezbollah on Tuesday of carrying out the attack and said one of those involved had a genuine passport from Canada.

"I can confirm the individual in question is a dual national who resides in Lebanon ... . I believe they are at large," Baird told reporters, adding that he was not able to identify the person, who has Canadian and Lebanese citizenship.

Algerian authorities last month said a Canadian had coordinated a hostage-taking in a remote natural gas plant. Around 70 people died when Algerian troops ended the siege.

Canadian police flew to Algeria to probe the allegation but have said nothing about their investigations.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Turkish court rejects U.S. pastor's appeal, upper court yet to rule, lawyer says

By REUTERS