Canadian police kill suspect after receiving tip-off of terror threat

By REUTERS
August 11, 2016 06:43

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

VANCOUVER - Canadian police killed a man on Wednesday, CTV and CBC television news channels reported, after the police had earlier issued a statement saying that they had identified a suspect after receiving "credible information of a potential terrorist threat".

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) had said in the statement that the suspect had been identified and the police took action to ensure the safety of the public.



Intelligence sources, who declined to be identified as they did not have permission to speak to media, told Reuters that the suspect was Aaron Driver, who was arrested last year for openly supporting Islamic State on social media.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
December 15, 2018
Trump says budget director Mulvaney to be acting White House chief of staff

By REUTERS