Comastose rock attack victim, 4, gets rehab reprieve

April 13, 2014 20:34
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


JERUSALEM — An Israeli  court ordered a rehabilitation center to allow 4-year-old Adele Biton, who remains in a coma one year after a Palestinian rock attack, to remain hospitalized.

The April 10 ruling by the Kfar Saba court ordered Loewenstein Hospital Rehabilitation Center in Raanana to allow Adele to remain hospitalized for at least another month while her family equips their home in the West Bank Jewish settlement of Yakir to accommodate her medical needs.The home reportedly will require up to five months to make it wheelchair accessible. Israel’s National Insurance in recent days approved the family’s months-old claim for financial assistance to make the home handicapped accessible.

A lawyer’s letter on behalf of the center delivered last week gave the family 24 hours to leave with their daughter.

Pleas from the girl’s mother, Adva Biton, to Israel’s health and economy ministers, Yael German and Naftali Bennett, requesting more time from the center were not successful.

Adele has remained unconscious since the attack on March 14, 2013, when a car driven by Biton carrying her three young daughters near the West Bank settlement of Ariel swerved after being hit by rocks thrown by two Palestinian teens and struck a truck.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 19, 2019
France sends top diplomat to Iran for talks to reduce tensions


Cookie Settings