Congo govt raises plane crash deaths to 127, 51 survive

By REUTERS
July 8, 2011 21:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

KINSHASA - The death toll in a plane crash in Democratic Republic of Congo on Friday has risen to 127, and 51 people survived the crash, the transport ministry said in a statement.

A ministry spokesman said the airline, Hewa Bora, had underestimated the number of people on the plane.

Hewa Bora chief executive Stavros Papaioannou told Reuters earlier that there had been 110 people on board the plane, of whom 53 had died and 57 survived.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 20, 2018
Top Senate Democrat says Trump shouldn't meet with Putin again

By REUTERS