Court lets 'abusive mom' remain in her Mea She'arim home for house arrest

By JPOST.COM STAFF
August 7, 2009 09:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Jerusalem District Court on Friday rejected the prosecution's demand to order the haredi woman suspected of starving her three-year-old son to serve the remainder of her house arrest away from her Mea She'arim home. The prosecutors, who had said that the extremist Eda Haredit organization was not letting police properly carry their investigation in the ultra-Orthodox neighborhood, said they may appeal the court ruling. The child who was allegedly abused will remain in the care of relatives, where he has been since he was discharged from hospital last week, while his mother will be allowed to stay with her other children.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 15, 2018
Report: Turkish citizen deported by Israel, returns to Turkey

By JPOST.COM STAFF