Cuba denies involvement in incidents concerning US diplomats

By REUTERS
August 10, 2017 04:05
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

HAVANA - Cuba's government said on Wednesday it would never allow actions against diplomats and their families on the island, after the US State Department reported "incidents" had caused physical symptoms in Americans serving at the US Embassy in Havana.

"Cuba has never, nor would ever, allow the Cuban territory to be used for any kind of action against accredited diplomats or their families," the foreign ministry said in a statement.

Earlier on Wednesday, the US State Department said it had expelled two Washington-based Cuban diplomats in May after the unspecified "incidents" in Havana.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 24, 2018
China says has not promised to cut trade surplus with U.S. by a certain amount

By REUTERS