Dahlan: Jerusalem riots won't end as long as settlers pray at al-Aksa

Dahlan Jerusalem riots

October 11, 2009 08:58


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Fatah Central Committee member Muhammad Dahlan on Sunday warned that while the Palestinians did not want to begin a third intifada, riots in Jerusalem would not end as long as 'settlers' were allowed to enter the Temple Mount compound. "The riots will not end as long as [Prime Minister Binyamin] Netanyahu continues sending settlers to pray at al-Aksa Mosque," Dahlan told Israel Radio. However, Dahlan stressed that the Palestinians were not interested in a third intifada or in clashes with IDF soldiers. The Fatah official went on to draw a comparison between suicide attacks and the establishment of West Bank settlements, saying there is no difference between blowing up a bus in Tel Aviv and stealing Palestinian lands.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 15, 2018
Man held after incident at UK parliament arrested for attempted murder