Death toll from Brussels bombings revised down to 32

By REUTERS
March 29, 2016 21:35

BRUSSELS - The number of people killed in last week's bombings at Brussels Airport and on a rush-hour metro train has been revised down to 32, excluding the three suicide bombers, Belgian federal prosecutors said on Tuesday.

Officials had previously put the death toll at 35, but they said on Tuesday that had been due to the double counting of three people with dual nationality.

Ine Van Wymeersch, a magistrate, said all the victims from the twin bomb attacks last Tuesday had been identified and consisted of 17 Belgians and 15 foreigners.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
U.S. strongly condemns attacks on Libyan oil ports

By REUTERS