Death toll in Egypt clashes rises to 44

By REUTERS
October 6, 2013 22:56

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

CAIRO - At least 44 people were killed during protests across Egypt on Sunday, a security source and the state news agency said.

"So far the death toll is 44 and over 100 are injured," a security source told Reuters.

State news agency MENA put the number of wounded at 246 in clashes that erupted after supporters and opponents of deposed Islamist President Mohamed Morsi took to the streets.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
Russia's Putin, despite sanctions, still hopes for better U.S. ties

By REUTERS