Defense minister Ya'alon: We are still in the middle of recovery operation

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 14, 2014 13:53

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon said on Saturday that the IDF was working hard and was in the middle of recovery operations to rescue 3 yeshiva boys who are suspected of having been kidnapped by Palestinians.

During his brief statements, the minister emphasized that the IDF was working under the assumption that the boys were still alive and that the IDF will not stop until they have been recovered.

He also said that kidnapping attempts take place all the time, with 2013 seeing 30 attempts that were avoided and in 2014 so far there have been 14. "Apparently, this attempt went under our radar," he said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
U.N. chief suggests options for improved Palestinian protection

By REUTERS