Demobilised ex-rebels block entrance to Ivory Coast's second city

By REUTERS
May 8, 2017 12:12
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Demobilized rebel fighters seized control of one of the main roads leading into Ivory Coast's second city, Bouake, early on Monday, erecting barricades and blocking traffic, a soldier and a local resident said.

The soldier, one of the leaders of a separate group that led a series of mutinies earlier this year, said the ex-fighters were demanding payments from the government as well as integration into the army.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 23, 2018
Naftali Bennett responds to heated situation in the north and south

By JPOST.COM STAFF