East Jerusalem man indicted for daytime kidnapping, rape of 7 year old girl

March 28, 2016 19:43
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


An east Jerusalem man suspected of kidnapping and raping a 7-year-old girl last month was indicted on charges of rape of a minor under the age of 16, kidnapping, and making threats, during a hearing at the Jerusalem District Court on Monday.

The horrific crime for which 22-year-old Muhammed Julani stands accused took place in broad daylight on the afternoon of March 12th in Beit Hanina in east Jerusalem. According to the indictment, Julani was riding an electric bike in the neighborhood, when he stopped a 7-year-old girl who was walking to a local convenient store.

Julani then allegedly asked her to help him find a specific set of buildings in the area, and when she got on the back of his bike he drove her to a secluded area, and raped her, all the while threatening to kill her if she moved or made a sound.

Afterwards he fled the scene, and the victim was found shaking and crying by a local woman minutes later.

Julani was arrested three days later, and has remained in custody ever since.

According to his arrest warrant, police acquired physical evidence implicating Julani, as well as a “partial confession”. Prosecutors on Tuesday submitted a request that he be kept in custody until the end of his trial, due to the severity of his alleged crimes and the danger posed to the public.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 18, 2018
Agriculture Minister Uri Ariel visits Temple Mount