'Egypt increases number of Palestinians to cross at Rafah'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
June 2, 2013 19:33

Egyptian authorities announced Saturday it would be increasing the number of Palestinians allowed to travel to Egypt via the Rafah crossing between Egypt and Gaza from 800 to 1,100 individuals a day, Mahir Abu Sabha, a Hamas official and general manager of crossings for the Gaza Interior Ministry said, Palestinian news agency Ma'an reported.

Abu Sabha said the number of individuals allowed to travel through the Rafah crossing had doubled over the summer, Ma'an reported. Last month, Egyptian police angered by the kidnapping of seven colleagues by Islamist gunmen kept the Rafah crossing closed again stranding hundreds of Palestinian travelers. 

Reuters contributed to this report.


Related Content

Breaking news
October 15, 2019
Fire breaks out at Weizmann Institute, no injuries reported

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF

Cookie Settings