FBI arrests 2 men in NYC bomb plot investigation

FBI arrests 2 men in NYC

By
January 8, 2010 15:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Two men were arrested Friday in the investigation of a bomb plot targeting New York City that previously led to charges against a Colorado airport driver. The arrests in New York of Adis Medunjanin and Zarein Ahmedzay were part of "an ongoing investigation" by the Joint Terrorism Task Force, according to Special Agent Richard Kolko, who declined to comment further. There were no immediate details on the charges against the men, according to Kolko and Robert Nardoza, a spokesman for the US attorney's office in Brooklyn. Medunjanin's attorney said the FBI seized his client's passport on Thursday. Robert C. Gottlieb said the search warrant indicated the passport was sought as part of an investigation into a conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
Syrian state TV reports evacuation buses enter al-Foua and Kefraya villages

By REUTERS