A fire broke out at a daycare center for infants in Elad near Rosh Ha’ayin on Sunday, prompting the evacuation of 18 children from the premises.
Two employees of the daycare center suffered light smoke inhalation and the children, ages one to three, were evacuated to Schneider Children's Medical Center in Petah Tikva for examination. MDA paramedics evacuated the injured adults to Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus in Petah Tikva.
Firefighters determined that the fire was caused by a malfunction in a heater at the daycare center.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>