Fourth person dies after Brussels Jewish Museum shooting

By REUTERS
June 6, 2014 21:58

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A Belgian man shot in the attack at the Jewish Museum in Brussels died on Friday, bringing the death toll to four.

Federal prosecutors said the 24-year-old museum worker, who had been in a critical state since the May 24 shooting, died early on Friday afternoon.



An Israeli couple and a French woman were also killed when a gunman opened fire with a Kalashnikov rifle.



French national Mehdi Nemmouche, arrested in the southern city of Marseille on May 30, is suspected of having carried out the attack.



French prosecutors said he was carrying a Kalashnikov, another gun and ammunition similar to that used in the shooting and that he was a repeat-offender who had spent most of 2013 fighting in Syria with Islamist rebels.

Nemmouche, 29, refused to be extradited from France to Belgium during a court hearing on Wednesday. His refusal is likely only to delay rather than block his eventual transfer to Brussels.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
Gaza borders communities resume everyday life

By JPOST.COM STAFF