France condemns 'heinous murder' of British aid worker

By REUTERS
September 14, 2014 10:30

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

PARIS - France on Sunday strongly condemned the murder of Briton David Haines by Islamic State militants and called for an international mobilization to fight the Islamist group.

"The heinous murder of David Haines shows once again how the international community must mobilize against Daesh," the French presidency said in statement, referring to the Arabic acronym for IS, which the presidency said was a vile and cowardly organization.

Islamic State militants fighting in Iraq and Syria released a video on Saturday that purported to show the beheading of British aid worker David Haines, who was kidnapped last year.

On Monday, France will host an international conference on Iraq's security crisis.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 22, 2018
China opens embassy in Dominican Republic after break with Taiwan

By REUTERS