France says $3 bln deal to provide weapons to Lebanon can go ahead

By REUTERS
October 8, 2014 17:19

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

France said on Wednesday that a $3 billion contract to provide weapons and military equipment to the Lebanese army with Saudi Arabian financing could now go ahead after all sides had agreed on the deal.

"All the work is done and President (Francois Hollande) indicated yesterday ... that the conditions to fulfil the contract had been met," Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told parliament

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
More than 100 report sexual misconduct by late Ohio State doctor

By REUTERS