LOS ANGELES - The man who walked into a Los Angeles International Airport terminal and opened fire with an assault rifle in 2013, killing a security screener and wounding three other people, was sentenced on Monday to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Addressing the court before sentencing, Paul Anthony Ciancia, 26, said he had been contemplating suicide in the weeks before the shooting spree and decided to attack the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in a final, lethal fit of rage.
"I knew exactly how I was going to die. I was going to take up arms against my government," Ciancia told US District Judge Philip Gutierrez in a Los Angeles courtroom.
Although he apologized for harm caused to Brian Ludmer, a school teacher wounded in the attack, Ciancia expressed no remorse for the slain TSA agent, Gerardo Hernandez, or either of the two other TSA officers who were hit by gunfire and survived.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>