Hamas Leader: If we are attacked - the barrage on Tel Aviv will speak

By YASSER OKBI/MAARIV
November 16, 2018 21:29
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Yahya Sinwar, the Hamas leader in the Gaza Strip, attended the funeral of the Hamas members killed during the Israeli operation earlier this week. He conveyed a message from Muhammad Deif, commander of the Hamas military wing, that "any confrontation with the occupation brings us to an end."

Sinover added that, "the one who thought we would divert our blood in dollars and diesel fuel was disappointed." He turned to Israel, "Our silence is meant to prepare, and if we talk, only in the language of weapons, my message to Netanyahu and his next war minister is that Gaza is preparing you for a certain death."

Sinwar attacked Arab states that normalize relations with Israel, "The Arab countries are opening their palaces to Netanyahu and to his ministers who are desecrating our al-Aqsa Mosque." He added that, "your bet on the occupation will fail, the occupation will receive only weapons and death from us."



"I spoke to the commander of the military wing, Muhammad Deif, and asked him to talk about the attack on Tel Aviv, but asked that the attack speak for itself," said Sinwar.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
December 12, 2018
Pompeo says Iran defying U.N. Security Council resolutions

By REUTERS