Hong Kong confirms city's second death this season of H7N9 bird flu

By REUTERS
January 6, 2017 05:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 62-year-old man died in Hong Kong from bird flu on Friday, the second such death this winter, the Hospital Authority said.

The man, who traveled to the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou in mid-December and was hospitalized in the neighboring city of Dongguan earlier this week, died from H7N9.

Hong Kong has confirmed three human cases of H7N9 in three weeks as fears grow over the spread of the disease in South Korea, Japan and mainland China.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 22, 2018
Senior cleric says Iran will target Israel, allies if U.S. attacks

By REUTERS