GENEVA - The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Friday 20 more Syrian women and children had been evacuated from the Baba Amro district of the besieged city of Homs.
"We hope to resume the operation and evacuation tomorrow morning," ICRC chief spokeswoman Carla Haddad said. "We are continuing discussions to resume the operation tomorrow morning."
Medical evacuation of the district of Homs, a hotbed of resistance against Syrian President Bashar Assad, began earlier on Friday. Haddad said wounded foreign journalists were not among the evacuees.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>