Israeli troops erred in detaining a 5-year-old Palestinian boy for throwing stones at soldiers at the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron, an Israel Defense Forces official said.
“We made a mistake during the event, both in detaining the boy and detaining his father,” Maj. Gen. Nitzan Alon, the head of the IDF Central Command said, told commanders Wednesday during an operational assessment of the incident. “This incident caused more harm than good.”
On Tuesday, the IDF opened an investigation into the incident.
A video of the incident was released last week by the B’Tselem human rights organization.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>