ISIS claims truck bomb attacks in Kurdish-held Syrian town

By REUTERS
December 11, 2015 15:34

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BEIRUT - Islamic State claimed responsibility on Friday for a triple suicide truck bomb attack that killed dozens of people in a Kurdish-held town in northeastern Syria late on Thursday.

Three of its fighters driving three separate vehicles blew themselves up targeting "bases" of Kurdish fighters in the town of Tel Tamer in Hasaka province, killing 60 people, the group said in a statement posted online.

A spokesman for the Kurdish YPG militia which controls the town said earlier that 50 to 60 people, all of them civilians, had been killed in the attack.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 19, 2018
Brexit minister to meet with EU negotiator in attempt to speed process

By REUTERS