ISIS says two assailants in Paris attacks are from Iraq

By REUTERS
January 20, 2016 13:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

PARIS - The Islamic State group published pictures of nine militants it says carried out Nov. 13 attacks that killed 130 people in Paris including two, identified as Iraqis, who were previously unknown, according to the SITE monitoring organization.

The two assailants so far unknown were identified in the group's online magazine ``Dabiq'' by aliases ''Ukashah al Iraqi" and "Ali al Iraqi," meaning ''Ukashah the Iraqi'' and ''Ali the Iraqi'' in Arabic.

The two could be the suicide bombers who tried to attack the Stade de France stadium. They carried Syrian passports assumed to be forged and could not be formally identified.

Nine men, split into three groups, attacked a sports stadium, a string of cafes and a concert hall. Seven had been positively identified. An arrest warrant has been issued, however, for one man, Salah Abdeslam, who may have survived the attack and the police action and fled back to Belgium.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2018
FBI releases documents on former Trump adviser surveillance

By REUTERS