India says withdrawing 8 diplomats from Pakistan

By REUTERS
November 2, 2016 16:25

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

NEW DELHI - India said on Wednesday it would withdraw eight of its diplomats from Pakistan after they were identified in local media reports, in a further deterioration in ties between the nuclear-armed South Asian neighbors.

"They have put in the public domain eight names and six of these people went today. We will eventually withdraw all eight," said Vikas Swarup, spokesman at the Indian Ministry of External Affairs.

He said the diplomats had been "completely compromised" after their names and pictures were put in the public domain. Earlier, Pakistani media reported that Islamabad may expel as many as five Indian diplomats suspected of spying.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
March 25, 2019
Royal commision inquiry into Christchurch attack announced by NZ PM

By REUTERS