Iranian baby girl in need of heart surgery gets waiver to enter US

By REUTERS
February 4, 2017 13:07

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A four-month-old Iranian baby in need of an emergency heart surgery has received a waiver to enter the United States, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Friday.

Fatemeh Reshad was not allowed into the US after President Donald Trump signed an executive order last week banning people from seven predominately Muslim countries, including Iran.

Earlier on Friday, US Congresswoman Suzanne Bonamici, a Democrat from Oregon, criticized the ban on the US House of Representatives.

"Now I don't know what the President had in mind when he signed that order, but it probably wasn't baby Fatemeh. Keeping four-month-old babies out of our country does not make us safer. It puts her life in danger and diminishes the United States in the eyes of the world," Bonamici said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
U.S. says no rebuilding funds for Syria until peace talks underway

By REUTERS