Iraq army says secures first safe exit route for civilians in Falluja

By REUTERS
June 12, 2016 14:10

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army said on Sunday it had secured the first "relatively safe" exit route for civilians trying to leave Falluja, Islamic State's besieged stronghold near Baghdad.

An exit route was secured on Saturday southwest of Falluja, known as al-Salam (Peace) Junction, Joint Operation Command spokesman Brigadier Gen. Yahya Rasool told Reuters.

"There were exit routes previously, but this is the first to be completely secure and it's relatively safe," he said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
EU minister: Brexit vote could 'in theory' be reversed

By REUTERS