Israel waiting for Obama to leave before resuming settlement building, MK says

By ARIK BENDER
November 17, 2015 06:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Israel will resume construction in Jewish settlements on the West Bank following Barack Obama's departure from the White House, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is said to have told a religious Zionist lawmaker.

According to Bayit Yehudi MK Nissan Slomiansky, the prime minister sought to assuage the party's Knesset members and rank-and-file supporters who have been grumbling in recent weeks over what they perceive to be a government halt to building in Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria.

Slomiansky, who serves as the chairman of the Knesset Constitution, Law, and Justice Committee, made the remarks during a panel discussion in Jerusalem earlier this week.

"There is still building by private citizens throughout our country, but all public construction works have been frozen by the prime minister," Slomiansky said.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
Former Trump campaign chairman Manafort found guilty on eight counts

By REUTERS