Jerusalem municipality demolishes two illegal houses

Jerusalem municipality d

By JPOST.COM STAFF
October 27, 2009 11:24

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Jerusalem's municipality demolished two illegally built houses on Tuesday morning, Israel Radio reported. One of the structures was home to twenty family members in the Tzur Bahar neighborhood, and the other was in the neighborhood of Anata, west of the security barrier. The municipality said that the structures were built without permits and were demolished in accordance with court orders. The Anata home's owner, Hamis Shahada Tahen, told Israel Radio that right-wing activist Aryeh King threatened that if Tahen did not sell him the house, King would have it demolished. King responded that the house had been built on land belonging to him and that the Jerusalem District Court had, in the past, ruled to demolish an illegally built structure.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
September 18, 2018
Diplomatic source says Israel in 'constant contact' with Russia after downed jet

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF