Lebanon arrests additional suspect in connection with Beirut bomb attacks

By REUTERS
November 18, 2015 19:56

BEIRUT - Lebanon's security forces arrested a Lebanese man on Wednesday in connection with twin suicide bomb attacks that killed 44 people in Beirut last week, a security source said.

The authorities had arrested five Syrians and a Palestinian linked with the attacks, which took place on Thursday in a crowded residential and commercial area of the capital. They were claimed by Islamic State.

Wednesday's arrest took place in Beirut, the source said, without elaborating.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 24, 2018
Pompeo: Regime change not U.S. objective in dealings with Iran

By REUTERS