Libyan officials say NATO strike kills 9 civilians

By REUTERS
June 19, 2011 20:26

TRIPOLI - Libyan officials said on Sunday a NATO strike had hit a civilian house in the capital Tripoli, killing nine residents, and NATO said it was investigating the claim, which could sow new doubts about its mission.

On another front in the four-month-old battle to force out Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, a doctor in the city of Misrata said eight rebel fighters had been killed and 36 wounded in fighting with government troops.


Related Content

Breaking news
May 26, 2018
Trump says having 'very productive talks' with North Korea on summit

By REUTERS