London knife attacker charged with murder of US woman

By REUTERS
August 6, 2016 02:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

 A 19-year-old man was charged on Friday with the murder of a 64-year-old US woman in a knife attack that wounded five others in Central London on Wednesday, London Metropolitan Police said.

The man, Zakaria Bulham, was also charged with five counts of attempted murder in relation to the individuals injured in the attack, police said.

Bulham, a Norwegian man of Somali origin, began attacking people on Wednesday evening in Russell Square, a park near the site of a 2005 suicide bombing. He was arrested on the same day.

At the time, police said there was no evidence the attack was terrorism related. The police statement on Friday did not mention any suspected reason behind the rampage.



Bulham will appear in custody at Westminster Magistrates' Court on Saturday, police said.

Earlier in August, a man who attacked passengers at a London underground train station in December was jailed for life.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
December 10, 2018
Edelstein wishes speedy recovery to mother and baby injured in Ofra shooting

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF