Many of the 39 killed in Istanbul attack were foreigners

By REUTERS
January 1, 2017 07:29

ISTANBUL - Fifteen or sixteen of the 39 people killed when a gunman attacked a nightclub in Istanbul on Sunday were foreigners, but only 21 of the bodies have so far been identified, Turkish Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said.

Soylu said a manhunt was underway for the attacker.

Speaking to reporters, he said that five Turkish citizens were among the dead and that 69 people were in hospital.


Related Content

Breaking news
June 21, 2018
Report: May asked minister to justify UK status as 'tier one' military

By REUTERS