Ministry: At least 28 killed in Yemen arms cache blast

By REUTERS
May 26, 2011 11:09

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

SANAA- Yemen's defense ministry said on Thursday that at least 28 people were killed in an explosion at an arms storage area in Sanaa during overnight fighting.

It also said in a notice on its website the government's prosecutor has ordered the arrest of top leaders of the tribal group led by the al-Ahmar family, one of the groups siding with protesters seeking to oust entrenched President Ali Abdullah Saleh.

A government official said separately that the headquarters of an opposition TV station had been "destroyed" without providing further details.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 22, 2018
15-year-old torches police car in Rehovot

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF