NATO probes Afghan civilian deaths allegations

By REUTERS
July 7, 2011 08:56

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

KABUL - The NATO-led force in Afghanistan said on Thursday it was looking into allegations by Afghan residents an air strike it carried out southwest of Kabul had killed two civilians.

The statement came after hundreds of people gathered in restive Ghazni province on Wednesday to protest about the deaths of two young shepherds they said were killed in an air strike by foreign forces that day.

The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said it had conducted an air strike in the Khogyani district of Ghazni where the protests took place, but said it had only killed one insurgent who had been planting a bomb.

Related Content

August 15, 2018
Netanyahu announces increase in security budget

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF