KABUL - The NATO-led force in Afghanistan said on Thursday it was looking into allegations by Afghan residents an air strike it carried out southwest of Kabul had killed two civilians.
The statement came after hundreds of people gathered in restive Ghazni province on Wednesday to protest about the deaths of two young shepherds they said were killed in an air strike by foreign forces that day.
The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) said it had conducted an air strike in the Khogyani district of Ghazni where the protests took place, but said it had only killed one insurgent who had been planting a bomb.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>