NGO says staff member, five others, missing after deadly Nigeria convoy attack

By REUTERS
July 19, 2019 18:01
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

One Action Against Hunger staff member, two drivers and three other health workers are missing after an attack on a convoy in northeast Nigeria in which one driver was killed, the aid organization said in a statement on Friday.

"We are deeply saddened by this tragic incident as these colleagues are dedicated to providing life-saving assistance to individuals and families," Action Against Hunger said of Thursday's attack.

Islamist insurgents carried out the attack and kidnapped the surviving members of the convoy, sources told Reuters earlier on Friday.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2019
Death toll from Afghan wedding blast rises to 80 - officials

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings