Netanyahu: We are in the midst of the rockets era

By JPOST.COM STAFF
May 30, 2013 14:05

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said on Thursday that Israel is "deep in the era of missiles that are aimed at civilian population areas."

Speaking at the Emergency Economy Committee, the prime minister repeated statements from earlier this week, saying Israel "is the most threatened country in the world," adding there are "tens of thousands of missiles and rockets that could hit our population."

Netanyahu called to "prepare defensively and offensively for the new era of [missile and rocket] warfare."

"Defensive preparations mean preparing the nation to be steadfast to allow the military to strike the enemy that wants to destroy us," he said, adding that defense "requires both materials and many resources and this demands a change in our national order of priorities."

"It is important to maintain functional continuity in the home front that is under fire," he continued.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 21, 2018
More than 100 report sexual misconduct by late Ohio State doctor

By REUTERS