President Reuven Rivlin, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and opposition leader Isaac Herzog released statements Saturday praising the police, the Israel Security Agency (Shin Bet) and the Border Police SWAT team involved in finding and killing terrorist Nashat Milhem.
The week-long search for the Arab-Israeli who killed three people last Friday in Tel Aviv came to an end on Friday when security forces killed the suspect in an exchange of fire.
"I wish to express my support for the police and search units, to the security servicemen, intelligence personnel, and those leading them who worked night and day over the last week - even more so than normal," Rivlin said. "We will not bow our heads in the face of the depraved terror we are facing in this difficult period. We will continue to choose life, even when in pain, even when the price we pay is heavy and so very difficult."
Netanyahu said the security forces worked professionally and systematically day and night, focusing on their mission and achieving it. He referred to Israel's long-standing policy of finding terrorists who murdered Israelis wherever they are around the globe.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>