Nigeria's purported Boko Haram 'leader' says has 'married off' girls

By REUTERS
November 1, 2014 11:36

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

LAGOS - A man claiming to Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said that more than 200 girls kidnapped by the group six months ago from northeast Nigeria had been "married off" to its fighters, contradicting government claims they would soon be freed, AFP reported on Saturday.

The militants usually give a copy of their frequent videos to the French news agency about a day before they get posted online. The latest one is likely to raise doubts about whether talks between a rebel faction and the government in neighboring Chad will secure the girls' release.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 20, 2018
King of Morocco appoints new minister for economy and finance

By REUTERS