No word from Czechs missing, possibly kidnapped, in Lebanon

By REUTERS
July 21, 2015 17:33

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

PRAGUE - The Czech Republic has received no information on the whereabouts of five of its citizens who went missing in Lebanon last week and is treating the case as a possible kidnapping, Foreign Minister Lubomir Zaoralek said on Tuesday.

The government confirmed on Saturday that the Czech nationals and one Lebanese man had gone missing. Their abandoned vehicle was found near Kefraya in eastern Lebanon, near to where seven Estonians cyclists were kidnapped in 2011 and held for four months.

"We are working with kidnapping as one of the possibilities," Zaoralek told reporters. "We don't have any information about the location of these citizens at the moment, nobody has contacted us regarding this."

Lebanon's foreign minister has already referred to the case as an abduction.


Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
November 18, 2018
Democrat Gillum concedes Florida governor's race, congratulates DeSantis

By REUTERS