Obama says there is no clear evidence Orlando killer was directed by extremists

By REUTERS
June 13, 2016 18:49

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later



WASHINGTON - US President Barack Obama on Monday said that there was no clear evidence that the shooter in Sunday's massacre in Orlando, Florida had been directed by a larger terrorist network.



"At this stage we see no clear evidence that he was directed" by extremists, Obama said to reporters, speaking in the Oval Office.

Obama said that the gunman, Omar Mateen, had been "inspired by various extremist information that was disseminated over the internet."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
October 22, 2018
China says United States is wrong to pull out of nuclear arms pact

By REUTERS