Official: Quake in north Indonesia kills 52

By REUTERS
December 7, 2016 08:56

JAKARTA- Indonesian authorities said the death toll from a 6.5 magnitude earthquake that struck the northern province of Aceh on Wednesday has risen to 52.

The number of casualties was expected to rise and more than 70 people had been seriously injured, said national disaster management agency spokesman Sutopo Nugroho.The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake struck just after 5 a.m. at a depth of 17 km  on Aceh's northeastern coast. No tsunami warning was issued.


Related Content

Breaking news
September 20, 2019
Netanyahu met with Jason Greenblatt to discuss "Deal of the Century"

By JERUSALEM POST STAFF