Official: Yemen's Aden refinery resumes output

By REUTERS
August 6, 2012 10:44

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ADEN - Yemen's Aden refinery has resumed production after halting operations for nine months because of attacks on the country's main oil pipeline, an official at the refinery told Reuters on Monday.

Two shipments of crude oil from Yemen's Ras Isa oil terminal on the Red Sea coast have arrived in Aden, enabling the refinery to resume production. It will pump crude at a reduced rate of 60,000 barrels per day (bpd), the official said, declining to be named under briefing rules.

"Production will be regular at the refinery with 600,000 barrel weekly shipments from Ras Isa," the refinery official said.

Attacks on the pipeline by disgruntled tribesmen stopped the crude flow last year and forced the closure of the refinery, which has a capacity of 150,0000 bpd. This left the impoverished country dependent on fuel donations from Saudi Arabia and on imports.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 14, 2018
At least 20 dead, 16 injured in Italy bridge collapse, official says

By REUTERS